Monday, May 11, 2009

A Memorable Week-end

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there!
This year mother's day was a whole helluva different ballgame. Besides the fact that I feel like I know what I'm doing now, as a mama, plus the level of sleep deprivation is far less severe then it was this time last year at 6 weeks post-partum. Mo did decide to wake at 6:25 instead of her usual 7:15 but that was more as a need for survival. Apparently my kid does not sleep quietly nor in one place. Sometime in the early morning hours she managed to end up in such a position that her foot, (inside her sleep sack) made it above the bumpers and through the banister- STUCK! She started a whiny cry and I went it to find her like that. Bry, of course, was oblivious to the sound as always when he sleeps- dead to the world. At 8:45 I brought Mo upstairs to wake Bry and my mother's day officially began, as I took a nap for two hours. AHHHH!
During my nap Bry went out and got me lunch as well as my Mother's day gift.
Yup, a tea kettle! Exactly what I wanted.
Besides Mother's Day, we got another surprise on Friday night. My baby brother Joey proposed to his lovely girlfriend, now fiance Colleen! He kept it a secret from everyone in my family but my father and Mo. We went to visit my parents on Thursday and at one point, Joey swept Mo away to play, or so I thought. Instead, he was showing Moira the ring. Apparently she's just like her mama and tried to grab the pretty shiny thing.

Congrats Joe & Colleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.