Monday, October 19, 2009

For a Good Cause

My mother in law is involved with her local chapter of the Red Hat Society. In case you have been living under a rock or have never been out and saw a bunch of ladies parading around in purple outfits and huge red hats, I'll fill you in a bit. The Red Hat society is a social group for women. Besides monthly dinners out, they are host two philanthropic events a year for organizations in the greater Cape May county area.
This month they hosted a fashion show/basket auction/ luncheon to support The Coalition Against Rape and Abuse. Over two hundred women showed up to support this organization. My mom and I made the drive down and after showing up fashionably late, we enjoyed our time there.
The Red Hatters did a great job pulling in the dough- as they had numerous door prizes, 50/50, and over 30 different gift baskets to raffle.
I came home empty handed, but my mom won a basket filled with homemade jams and pickles. Honestly, I was hoping for the gift certificate for dinner, but the pink basket will actually match Moira's new room, so we'll take it!
All in all, it was a great afternoon even if the weather didn't cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.