Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy First Birthday Moira!

Dear Moira,
I had thought your first birthday would be some magical day. I thought you'd wake up at 7:30, like usual with a glimmer in your eye and a huge smile on your face. I thought your dad would get up before the alarm and join us downstairs as we sang to you as you got your ceremonial breakfast tastykake. I also thought after that wholesome breakfast, we'd bring you into the family room and give you your gift- a radio flyer red wagon.
As they say Moira, things don't always go as planned. It's now 10:30 on your birthday and you are napping. Yes, you're napping this early because you decided to wake up just about every hour on the hour last night. Daddy took care of you from midnight until 1:30 and then you slept for about 2 hours. Once 3:30 came along, I was on duty. Just you and me on the couch in the family room, red radio flyer wagon waiting. Those 3 hours on the couch tossing and turning with you were in no way anything I had expected for your birthday. I especially did not expect you to start crying every moment I tried to put you back in the crib, when I thought you were asleep. Yes all 6 times!!
So as you nap, I debate whether to wake you up for Music class. I also have the opportunity to write you this birthday letter. You have been the best surprise of my life. You are the most fascintating creature I have ever met. Every day you amaze me with your personality and actions. I feel so blessed to be your mommy and look forward to many more, hopefully happier birthdays. Your daddy always joked that he wanted a dog, but I know you are the best thing, next to me, that has happened to him too.





The Tastykake is still waiting for you, whenever you do wake-up.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOIRA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
    WE LOVE YOU. AUNT ASHLEY, UNCLE CHRIS AND AIDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mo!
    It never does turn out how you picture it in your head, but it just makes for better memories!
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.