Monday, May 16, 2011

I should have knew it was coming.

We have had four really great days of family time, as Bry took off last week. We went to the zoo, the children's museum, did a little shopping and visited my mother in law for her birthday.
All that good stuff made me forget how crappy some moments can be.
Yesterday was one of those days.
First a weather forecast with rain...through Friday.
Then, as we attempted to shop for a new baby gate for the playroom, I started to get the beginning of a migraine. (Got to love the little flashes of light that enter your vision as ocular migraines begin!)
Lunch then naps for all of us, as Bry accidentally fell asleep on the couch instead of catching up on some work.
Dinner for the girls- apparently noodles are no longer appealing to either girl!
Bath time at least wasn't a production, but bedtime, UGH!
Mo went down without a hitch, but as I was attempting to make raviolis for myself I hear Maeve crying.
As I bring her down stairs, I have no choice but to put her on the floor for a minute in the kitchen in her sleepsack while I drain the pasta.
Thirty minutes later, I'm back upstairs, for the third time with my nearly 16 month old in our bed.
I should have hit the hay when she did at nearly 9, but no, I decided to stay up with Bry and finish the little bit of ice cream that I had left in the freezer.
When I finally went up at 10, I'm not sure if it was the ice cream or the ravioli, but something just sat like a rock in my stomach.
I tossed and turned, occasionally checking the time: 10:45, 11:10, 11:25, 11:40. I was just starting to dream when I hear crying...again.
Maeve is up and after Bry tried unsuccessfully to calm her, back into my bed she comes.
Twenty minutes later, she's back out and back in her bed. I however am now wide awake, and my stomach still sporting a huge knot.
On and off I wake and toss and turn.
1:30
2:05- Hi Bry, welcome to bed!
2:45
3:30
Finally out....ahhh!
6:05
Is that really crying? WTF? An hour and half earlier then usual Maeve is up for the day.
Fabulous!
It's 8:15, and I just heard Bry's alarm go off.
He did come down here twenty minutes ago to drop off Mo, trying to tell me he had a crappy night since he didn't go to be until 2.
Really man? Do you want to take part in this pissing contest right now?
I'm tired.
I have the migraine hangover headache and it's crazy humid with rain right now.
On top of all that, I have to go grocery shopping this afternoon.
Is it naptime yet?

5 comments:

  1. one of those days ... blah * * hope u get somewhat of a nap in @ some point! my hubs had a migraine yesterday too ... crappy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, what a night! :( Hopefully a good night's rest tonight will have everyone in better spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this!

    Mama Karma says tomorrow has to be better, right?!

    Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for better days for you. And a good nap too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those days - or should I say, I don't, in my sleep deprived days. Hang in there! Hope tonight is better

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.