Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Last night I had a dream.
I was back at my school. Teaching, I assume, however I don't remember any children's faces. I looked to the row of windows, to the table there sat my friend Kathie.
She had been my classroom assistant for a number of years.
We had a ball together, sharing the ups and downs of teaching Kindergarten and First Grade together. She was so much more then just my assistant. She was my confidant, offered an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. She gave me the confidence through her words of wisdom, on the days when I needed it. She would share stories of her four daughters to lighten my mood.  We shared a lot in that classroom, tears and laughter. Most days, we could just look to each other and without a word, she knew what needed to be done.
She was fabulous.
She passed away after a courageous fight with breast cancer a little over two years ago. Gone much too soon.
I miss her and I know I am not alone.
In my dream, she was there, healthy. Her hair shoulder length and the natural shade of reddish blond many seek to recreate with a bottle. She was laughing, throwing her head back and smiling. The way she used to when something would amuse her. She was leaning against the table, as I stood in the front of the classroom. The way we usually would start our day. I remember smiling back and waving.
My memory of this dream is fleeting, only lasting a few moments, however, waking up my mind immediately went to Kathie. Seeing her again made me think that wherever she is now, I hope she is at peace and happy. I hope she has been returned to her former fabulous self, with a smile on her face.
I still miss her.



”APhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. How heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching post. She sounds like an amazing person. I'm so sorry you've lost your "other 1/2". I'm sorry the pain is still so raw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to hear you lost your friend. I've had dreams like that too, and you can be so happy in them...then you wake up and realize it was just a dream. And it hurts. I'm really sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    HUGS XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to lose someone you love! But glad to hear that the memories live on.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she had a wonderful spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.