Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shhhhh....

I'm not sure if I should write about this, but I will, since so much of life revolves around sleep or lack there of. Maeve slept from 9:30 last night until 6:15 this morning and then nursed and went back to sleep until just after 9 a.m.
Can you freaking believe it?
I kind of feel like I may be jinxing it by writing,(First rule of sleeping through the night, there's no sleeping through the night) but honestly this kid keeps surprising me anyway, so I bet she'll be up at midnight tonight again anyway.
I think one of the reasons why she is sleeping better is because of my most recent sewing project.
No, I don't consider myself a seamstress and you won't be finding me making Christmas dresses or curtains or anything, but I can do a little hand sewing if necessary. Maeve still needs to be swaddled at night to sleep. If not she either attacks her face or startles herself awake. Either way, NOT GOOD!
We use this:
My mom thinks its looks like a torture device, but seriously, we would be lost without it. We do have a problem however, my kids are long but apparently they haven't taken after their parents in the width department. When I attempt to attach the Velcro closures to the swaddle me after I pull it as taut as possible, the Velcro cannot attach since it is pulled past the enclosure. If I attach it where I should, Maeve can easily break free.
The dilemma- how can I swaddle her tight and keep the Velcro attached?
The solution - I cut and re-attached the enclosure portion so that now I can pull it as tight and taut as I can.
As a result longer periods of sleep have been achieved!
YIPPEE!
It's a win win for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.