Monday, April 5, 2010

TWO!

I cannot believe my baby is two! She isn't technically my baby anymore, as Maeve has taken over that seat, but I really wonder, where did these past two years go? There were moments, okay the first few months, that seemed to drag on endlessly, but it seems like once she turned six months the time flew by.
This year we were blessed with beautiful weather and a healthy child.
To celebrate this day we decided to head to the Philadelphia zoo. This was the first time Bry and I took out both the girls for any extended period of time and also the first time we took our new wheels out too. We thought a Thursday would be an off time to visit, but I guess being Holy Thursday and having spectacular weather, we weren't the only one to decide to visit. The zoo was swamped!
Our goal was to get to the zoo before eleven. We weren't that much off, as we pulled into our quasi-space in the parking lot (Bry made his own space since it was so crowded!) at eleven thirty. Mo was so excited and how could I blame her? The zoo is a lot different then how I remembered it from my own childhood. It seems like they have really tried to make each habitat resemble the animals' natural habitat more then the former cages/bars etc... that was the zoo in the eighties.










Somehow, Mo has developed a fascination with alligators. I seriously have no clue where this came from, especially, as my own family can attest, I had a serious fear of reptiles throughout my childhood. My parents would literally drag me into the reptile house at the zoo growing up while my child, cannot get enough of the alligators who go "snap!".
We made it until a little after three when the breakdown occurred. Not too bad, in my humble opinion. She lost it in the aforementioned reptile house near her beloved alligators. We exited through the door with the stairs, carried up the stroller and pushed through the massive crowds that had gathered and made the trek to the car. Within two minutes of her return to the stroller, she was out!
We made it home in time to feed Maeve, yet again. (I managed to find a quasi-secluded spot to nurse her at the zoo.) We also saved her presents for then.
Once I figure out how to upload Mo's photos, I'll be sure to share those. So far, she's taken quite a few pics of her own face and the floor.
Here's my girl
April 1, 2008

April 1, 2009

April 1, 2010


Happy Birthday to my sweet Lovie girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.