Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A New Easter Tradition

The past two years Easter has been basically just another day. This year however, having a two year old, we needed to celebrate. The Easter bunny stopped by in the morning hiding eggs throughout the living room and dining room. Mo enjoyed it for about two minutes. That was the time it took her to figure out that the plastic eggs could be opened and there was jelly beans inside! I think next year, I'll have to put candy that needs to be unwrapped inside as she was super quick to pop them into her mouth.
After our Easter egg hunt and baths, Oh and feeding Maeve, we headed down to visit my mother in law down the shore. Maeve decided about five minutes into the trip that she wasn't happy and started to cry and then scream. She fell asleep about ten minutes later only to wake up about ten minutes away from our final destination. Mo has become immune to Maeve's crying. Usually she just will stick her thumb in her mouth and either look out the window or listen to her music. Yes, her music- since we started music class Mo's CDs have commandeered our radio.
After filling Maevie up at Grandmom's we headed to the boardwalk!



It was what I hope to be a new tradition, celebrating Easter down the shore. Hopefully we can continue to have weather as nice this Easter every year. Plus, I think it can only get better! Our ride home was hellish at best, remember how I wrote that Maeve cried on and off on the way there? Well, she decided to scream 3/4 of the way home! NICE!
I'm thinking next year, it will be far easier to calm her down when I can toss her a sippy cup and some crackers instead of having to find a place to whip out the boob!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.