Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Question Friday

I was looking for something a little light & fluffy this week for inspiration. As I perused the blogosphere I came across Mama M at My Little Life. She hosts a Five Questions Friday link up, and this ladies and gentlemen was exactly what I was in the mood for, especially when I read the first question...about ice cream!
Consider me a follower!

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?

Difficult question.
I guess I'm a bit of an ice cream snob.
Soft serve?  Vanilla chocolate swirl in a sugar cone with chocolate jimmies. YUM!
Hard ice cream? I prefer in the bowl, no toppings.
Late at night, trips to Wawa = The cardboard container of a pint of Ben & Jerry's to be the closest thing to heaven on earth.
Have you tried their Milk & Cookies flavor yet? Oooh, what about Clusterfluff?

Ben and or Jerry if you're reading, I love you!
Drop me an email: notwifezilla7@Yahoo.com if you're looking for a taste tester or want to do some sort of ice cream related giveaway.
I'm your gal!

2. What three things do you love the smell of?

Ivory Soap - Whenever I smell that, I think of my mom-mom. I wrote about her a few times, but most memorably in this entry.

Coffee - I love the smell. Unlike many in my extended family, I never liked it. I tried time and time again to start drinking it, but I just can't. Yuck to the taste, but yum to the smell.

My Kids - I remember reading a fellow blogger comment on that smell of her children, freshly woken from slumber.  Grabbing Maeve from her crib, she burrows her face into my shoulder, turning her body into mine, as my lips kiss her head, I breathe her in.

3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)

There are people (Jeanna) who regardless of what they (Jeanna) tell you will never like what you purchase them (Jeanna).
Gift cards are necessary in those (Jeanna) situations.
I do try and purchase  cards for places I know they shop, and I usually try to find some tangible little gift to go with it to wrap and then unwrap.  Be it a bottle of wine or book, or something of that nature.

I personally love receiving gift cards too. Easier then returning things!

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?

If you read any posts on here before, you know I was a swimmer. While I became a serious one in college, in high school I was "eh". Here's a link for further explanation.
I joined the field hockey team as a freshmen with my friend Ashley. Most of the girls had played in middle school, thus leaving us in the dust. I stopped playing my senior year. I wasn't too good, and I don't think the coach liked me.
During my junior year, the track team was looking for people to do the stats. So Ash & I volunteered. It was okay, gave me something to do between winter and summer swimming.
The following year, my senior year, I decided to join the track team. Not as a runner, but as a thrower. The Field coach knew I was swimming in college and was terrified I would injure myself. He forbid me to pick up the shot put, though I think had I started earlier, I might have been okay at that. Instead, he suggested the javelin.
I was the second best javelin thrower on our team, out of five.  Not bad for someone who picked it up a few weeks before the start of the season.
Looking back, I wish I would have tried throwing earlier.

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?

No. No band for me.
My parents did push the piano during elementary then middle school.
I had no drive for it. My sister, the perfectionist was far more talented then I, and honestly I didn't really like it.
Now as an adult, I wish I had the opportunity to learn how to play the violin. I do know, however based on the week my sister took up saxophone, my parents probably didn't push string instruments as a survival strategy!



6 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Lauren from Souls to Squeeze coming from 5QF and you had me at Wawa. ;o) It is my MOST favorite thing about visiting my in-laws in Maryland. We do not have Wawas in SC. :o( Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering over the thought of ice cream. Any ice cream. Clusterfluff has me intriuged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ben & Jerry' Milk and Cookies too! My girls and I finished off a pint of it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Your comment on my blog:

    Yes it's definitely the sea breeze from the ocean. :)

    And coffee does smell good. I only drink it on Sunday mornings after church. :)

    Sounds like you did very well in sports! That's some good experience.

    I still want to learn to swim :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally on the same with you on the "coffee & kiddos" as a fav scent * *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I'm going to need you to fill me in on ClusterFluff ice cream! Sounds delicious but what are the flavors?!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.