Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Add it to the Birthday Wish List

Sometime between 2 and 3, my kid has figured out preferences for toys. Since the week after Christmas she has been adding gifts to her birthday wish list. I have to give her credit, she is pretty consistent, remembering day to day what she wants and continuing to add to the list after seeing commericals (damn Sprout!) or after visiting Target. Besides anything related to music or Toy Story, she has developed a fascination with a few toys. Her friend G had her 3rd birthday party the end of February and since then she has been repeatedly requesting:
a yo-yo
and
a slinky.

Yes, it appears my kid is a child of the '50's! Maybe I should get her a poodle skirt & some saddle shoes. What's even more funny is that as I type this I remember her asking for a hula hoop at the drugstore last week.
Lucky for me, I was able to find the yo-yo, a paint your own version, at AC Moore a few weeks ago on sale no less. Now the slinky, that's one I haven't found ...yet! I am saving the hula hoop for the Easter bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.