Monday, March 21, 2011

Just a little bit obsessed

I am in full throttle party planning mode for Mo's third birthday.
I may have a small obsession with this party. Honestly though, I can't be blamed. I... I mean, Mo may have chosen the single best party theme ever:
WIZARD OF OZ!
Yes, my friends!
The Wizard of Freaking Oz is the inspiration for this third birthday fiesta. The ideas, the inspiration, the colors, the characters - OH MY, it's a party planners dream! I've hit up AC Moore, Michaels, IKEA, Target, and I think I foresee a trip to Joann's fabric in the very near future.
I feel for my friends, family members, kids, and Bry who have endlessly heard about various party planning blogs, and ideas for food and now are searching for costumes for this little fete.
I just can't get enough!
Last year, we had a fabulous second birthday party for Mo. We hired her music teacher for a group class and then had cupcakes from our favorite cupcakery. In the end, the party was a success, but hit our pocketbooks a little too much. We agreed that we would do a bigger birthday party every other year.
I guess I understood that agreement to mean "bigger" equals "more expensive". This year we have more children invited, however Bry told me to keep it cheap, and thus I am attempting to pull the creative, teacher Jackie out of retirement to make one kick ass, DIY Wizard of Oz party.
T-Minus 12 days until Oz day and I still have quite a bit to do, however I'll share a few teasers of what Mo and I have accomplished so far.

Ladies & Gentlemen Dorothy & her Ruby Slippers





Moira's Birthday Banner



Scraps turned into a Birthday Chain


My to do list is huge and I know I am making more work for myself then I have to, but I really am enjoying this and hope to make one fabulous party for my little girl.
Until then, wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say I SO get where you are now!! I was beginning to wonder about my mental health when I was obsessing about G's birthday months in advance. Searching endlessly on the internet for aprons and hats, making list after list about who should have what color favors, so many trips to AC Moore, worrying about what kids would eat what foods, trying to accomodate kids' nap times, endless conversations with G about her cake...which she was dreaming about...and then realizing I had NO idea what food I was going to serve the adults. I think this must be a special, secret kinda mommy madness! But my baby had an awewsome time. I think her friends had fun. And it was all worth it in the end. So GO for it. Every other year!!! That's my plan too now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's going to be AWESOME!!!! we CAN not wait to celebrate with you guys. wait til you see a's costume....still debating r's. love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh those shoes are too cute for words! And the banners! I loved making those to count down to every holiday when I was little!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.