Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decorations up, Christmas cards ordered!

We did it! We decorated!

After scouring Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Michael's, A.C. Moore, and the horrible horrendous Christmas Tree Shop, we have put together enough decorations to make our home acceptable and fit in on the street. While everything is not exactly the way we want it to be, it's a start. Hell, we've only been living here since August, so can one really expect anything more?
It's hard helping to decorate when you are carrying a 30lb. bowling ball 24-7 immediately in the front of your lower stomach. We were going to wrap the pillars with red ribbon but since I'm so prego, I couldn't really help get my hands around the right way to hold the ribbon. So, we're saving it for next year!

I leiu of the topiaries, we decided to purchase another small tree and place it immediately in the center of our front porch. Since our front door is off-set, when you look up the path, you normally just see empty wall. Now you see this cute tree with white lights.
On our door we have our first ever live wreath!!
When I used to teach, one of the high school sports teams would do a wreath sale every year as a fundraiser. They would put up the different ribbon choices and a picture of the completed wreath in each of the elementary schools and many of my teaching peers would purchase one for their front door. I longed for the year we would have our own front door for a live wreath. I know it sounds kind of silly, but it's just one of those things I've always wanted for Christmas and this year, I've got it!

As for our holiday card, last year it was so easy! Even though she knew how to crawl and cruise, for the most part she was compliant with the photos. We had quite a few cute ones.



I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
What a difference a year makes!
How the f--k do you get a toddler to stay still long enough for a picture?
Bribery?
The cookies did not really work too well.


Nor did trying some other props.


I thought a picture of her in her Christmas pajamas would be adorable, but apparently no one told Mo that!




Finally, the next day, my mom gave me the great idea to try and re-create these pictures from the summer with our new house.


No luck with that either.


In the end, the best picture of course was not staged at all and really sums up my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.