Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Fitting Tribute

Today I drove to my mom's house to see her and my grandmother as they prepared for my Uncle Frank's memorial service. As I mentioned before, he was a HUGE Phillies fan his entire life. My mom and her siblings were attempting to think of some way to honor him in conjunction with his love of the Phillies. I believe it was my Uncle Tom who brought up Jaime Moyer's foundation. In case you aren't a fan, Jaime Moyer is one of the pitchers for the Phillies. His foundation funds various events and non-profit groups throughout the U.S. It is through the Jaime Moyer Foundation, that Camp Erin is funded.


Camp Erin is a bereavement camp designed for children ages 6-17 who have experienced the death of a parent, friend or loved one. It is a weekend-long experience filled with traditional, fun, camp activities combined with grief education and emotional support -- facilitated by grief professionals and trained volunteers. We could think of no better way to combine Uncle Frank's two greatest loves, that of baseball and his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.