Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bah Humbug!

I am confused.
When did the Christmas season begin, and why wasn't I notified?
Besides the fact that the holiday radio station started playing Christmas music right around Halloween, I have been bombarded by Season's Greetings banners and holiday catalogues since the beginning of the month. What really got me, though, is the number of photos I've already seen of children sitting on Santa's lap!!! I thought Santa was suppose to come on Thanksgiving?
Think back, for a minute, to Thanksgivings in the '80's way back when I was a kid. We would watch the Thanksgiving day parade in the morning and the last float would always be Santa Claus. Right? When did it all change?
I still refuse to acknowledge Christmas time until Black Friday, at the earliest. I won't decorate my house until December 1 at the earliest, and Mo will not sit on the big guy's lap for at least another week!
If that makes me a Christmas scrooge, then BAH! HUMBUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.