Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What was I thinking?

I had told Bry that I wanted to go the pumpkin farm with him so that we'll all be together for Mo to get her first pumpkin. Like a good husband, he agrees. So Sunday, after a nice brunch at our favorite diner, off we go to Dragonfly Farms. (I should mention I have only driven by Dragonfly Farms, never actually been there.)
So we pull up and it's decorated so cute! From the parking lot we see a little petting zoo, hay maze, and lots of pumpkins! GREAT!
We start walking as Bry tells me, "This is your deal! I'm just going to follow you." So off we go! I walk to the pen labeled "petting zoo".

Awww, how cute! There's an alpaca and some sheep.

Bry says: "What is that?" pointing to the alpaca.
Me: "It's an alpaca. Isn't it cute?"
Bry: "Don't alpacas spit? Seriously, do you want that dirty animal to spit in Mo's face?"
Me: "Yuck! Ah, no. Do you see any other animals?"
Bry: "There's a few goats walking around. Do you really want Mo to touch them?"
Me: "I wasn't thinking touch, more look."
Bry: "Okay, we'll let her look."

So we walk over the hay maze as the goats are walking around. Mo could care less. She's too preoccupied with my hair and ears. What was I thinking? She's only 6 1/2 months old. Like she cares about a goat.
That was the petting zoo- an alpaca, two sheep and two goats.
There's a hayride and hay maze, but again, she's 6 1/2 months old.

Bry:"This is your thing. What are we doing next?"
Me: "Uh, I don't know. Let's get some pics at least with the pumpkins."
Silly me, I forgot my kid does not sit still. I try to place her in the middle of some pumpkins and immediately she tries to pull herself up.

Bry: "What did you really think was going to happen? She's only 6 months old!"

We pick out a few sugar pumpkins. I think they're for cooking, but anyway, they're the perfect size for a 6 month old. Pay, and are on our way out when, A-HA!
PHOTO OP! We come to a wagon used for taking flats of flowers to the car.
Insert kid and pumpkins and look what you get!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took Kaiden to the pumpkin patchlast weekend and he hated it. Cried the whole time. Didn't like the hay, didn't like the animals, didn't like sitting in the grass for pictures, didn't like the pumpkins.
    What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.