Thursday, February 7, 2008

So, I'm fat now...

I had my 31 week doctor's appointment on Tuesday and after peeing in the cup and getting my blood pressure (which is still on the lower good end!)I stepped on the scale. The nurse gasped! "It looks like you made a little jump these past 3 weeks! You gained 7 lbs. What a jump!". Great, make the preggo lady feel fat(ter). Of course, when the doctor came in I asked her if I should worry about the weight gain, and she said no. So- HA! Nurse, I may be chubby but I'm fine!



As for our baby, now he or she is a chubbster! We had our final appointment with the high risk OB today and had, what is expected to be, our final ultrasound. Our little porker is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead on everything. The head, but really have you seen Bry's noggin? The stomach circumference was so large that the ultrasound tech asked if I had gestiational diabetes. Of course, that's no, it just appears I grow big babies! When it was all said and done, our little chubbster weighs approximately 4 lbs. 14 oz! Yes almost 5 lbs and still 8 weeks left to grow! The doc did mention something about potentially having to be induced a week or two early, which kind of threw me for a loop. I'm figuring when I go for my next OB appointment I'll press my doc for more details. Maybe this April baby, will be a March baby? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.