Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm a nerd!

I started my final grad course last Wednesday night. Yes, big old pregnant me, waltz into my last graduated course at Rutgers! There was no way, regardless of baby, that I was not going to finish my degree. I was really nervous that my professor was going to be one of those femanazis who could give two shits about pregnancy, and only cared about class attendance. Luckily, I knew I was okay when the professor greeted me with "Oh, how cute! A pregnant lady!". I did feel slightly awkward when she offered me the desk and chair...in the front of the classroom...since she didn't think I would fit in the desk. I wish I would have thought of the logistics though. Have you ever seen a 30 week pregnant lady attempting to fit into a school desk? Yes...I still fit, but I swear I only have a week or two at the most! When I went to class last night I noticed that there's a wheelchair accessable desk top pushed into the corner. I'm thinking before February is finished, I'm going to have to whip that desk out. The prof said she had no problem accomodating me, since the class runs through the end of April, and I'm kind of due early in the month.
All in all, the class seems really interesting. I can't believe I'm so close to finishing. I really love learning, regardless of the pages I have read and papers I have created. I'm still on the fence about whole doctorate thing. I think it would be really cool to keep at it, and get my Ed.D (doctorate in education). It also would be cool to have the title "Doctor" on all my mail and letters. It's a lot of work, but I think once graduation comes in May, I'll take a year to think about it. Plus, I figure I should give the kid some attention, and not just have my nose shoved in a book or typing on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.