Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winter "One"derland

I'm not a professional party planner and the Cake Boss doesn't have to worry about his job, but if I do say so myself, I did a pretty good job planning a small Winter "One"derland theme first birthday party for Maeve.
I would love to take credit for this idea, however a few years back another mom on my message board did this theme. A few weeks before the party, I did a little searching and discovered these two parties which I used for inspiration: Tomkat studio (She is a professional!) and this one Him & Her plus four.
Both of these parties used a blue, white, & red color scheme. At first, I was worried it would look too Patriotic, but as my sister said "It actually looks quite wintry!"
I made this banner and cut out snowflakes from white paper:


Guests dined on BBQ from Sweet Lucy's for lunch and dessert was a spread of snowflake cookies, m&m's, and yellow cupcakes w/blue butter cream icing

Maeve's smash cake was a cute little snowman I made from a yellow 8in round cake:

Unfortunately, she was a little tired during cake time and hardly made a dent in it!



Since this was a small family party, there were only four kids old enough to play games. We played a few rounds of pin the carrot on the snowman. It was a hit!
I made the snowman out of two pieces of tag board, some leftover scrapbooking materials, and the blue paper is wrapping paper that also doubled as table runner.






When the kids weren't eating or playing the game, they were in the playroom and found our dress-ups!


As always, everyone seemed to end up sitting around the dining room table as Maeve opened a few gifts.


Uncle Jo-Jo & Aunt Coll found a book entitled "The Tickle Monster" complete with Tickle gloves
Grammie & Popsie got Maeve her first American Girl Doll- A Bitty Baby
We were so lucky to have so many of our family members share in Maeve's special day.



The only thing missing, pictures of Bry with the family! I guess we'll have to ensure we get those at Mo's third birthday party. Yes, I've already starting planning that party! All I have to say is get ready to "Follow the yellow brick road!"
As always, photos courtesy of the fabulously talented Ashley Pierce Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.