Friday, February 19, 2010

Small Victories

We made it out of the house this week...twice!
Yippee!
Grant it, both times I had help with the girls, my dad on Monday and my mom on Wednesday, but any way you look at it, it was an accomplishment.
I honestly never thought about the weather when I found out that Maeve was due in January. For some reason the idea of snow, let alone blizzards and feet of snow outside for weeks, never entered my mind. Perhaps that's because we live in New Jersey not Colorado or because like most second (or third) time around mom's to be, I frankly didn't have time to think about anything besides kid 1.
Back to our outings this week, I figured that since my dad was here, and Mo loves her Pop, we would make our first outing a real adventure. We headed to the Discovery Children's Museum on Monday, yes President's Day. I made sure to nurse Maeve right before we left and like a champ she basically slept the whole time we were there, of course except for the nursing session I had in the family bathroom and diaper change, but then she just went right back to sleep. Mo had a ball with Pop. Again, spending the majority of time in the kitchen area with my dad falling behind her. I think it was my dad though who had the best time in the sporting area with the mini-Flyers rink. He taught Mo had to swing a stick and hit the puck. After a few hand over hand assists, she mastered it and was swatting the puck like a champ!
On Wednesday my mom joined Mo, Maeve, and I at music class. Again, Maeve slept through the entire class while Mo was back to her old antics dancing and shaking her butt as Miss Sandy played her guitar.
I think that in a few weeks or when all the snow finally melts, I hopefully will be able to manage the two by myself, but until then, Thank God for my parents and their flexible schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.