Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ahh...snow day?

Why would my phone ring at 6:20 in the morning?
Apparently I am still on my school's automated snow list. What a great way to wake up! I attempted to fall back asleep but I heard Mo in her room. After trying to fall back asleep her babbling turned into whiny crying. Crap! My kid who had been sleeping until 7:30-8 has spent the past two days waking up before 6:30!
Mama aint happy!
Bry babbles something about getting her. Yeah, okay. You'll rise from your quasi-comatose state to entertain our nearly 10 month old??? I got up, changed her diaper and headed down to the couch.
I have a bad mom confession.
I let Moira watch television. Probably too much for a nearly 10 month old. But from 7-8 am Noggin airs two episodes of Blue's Clues. Blue's Clues, the only program my possibly ADHD nearly toddler will sit and watch. The gods who run Noggin are my heroes. I plop on the couch, change that, I lie on the couch w/my blanket and my head on the pillow as Mo sits mesmorized watching the big blue dog.
This is no what happened today. Mainly because at 6:40, Blue's Clues is not on. Instead, I nursed her and somehow after, managed to get her to fall back asleep! YES! Which means, I too got to fall back asleep with my baby on my chest until nearly 9 o'clock.
Since it's Wednesday, we go to music class. Yes, I am now a mom who takes her child to music class. I have a "scheduled child". Not to be confused with an "over-scheduled" child. We'll save that until Kindergarten. But, I digress. As Bry cleared off the car, I asked him how he thought the roads looked. Not too bad, was his response. I checked my email and the music class website. Nothing. I guess music is a go!
I showered then bathed Mo. I dressed her warmly in an adorable little polka dot sweater that I personally would wear if it was in my size. I throw on my cute brown boots and coat. I plan to start the car before I put Mo in. As I walk out to the car, I slide a little on the slush. That should have been enough for me to say "Self, don't go to music today!". But no, I'll just change into my boots...my snow boots.
Back out, car on, get kid, insert kid into carseat, and off we go!
Bry was right. The roads aren't too bad. I hear Mo singing in the back. She must know it's Wednesday, music day. After our nearly 10 min trip, I pull up to the strip mall where our class is and
it's dark.
No music class today.
I wish someone would have told me.
I guess when school's cancelled that should be the warning that a pre-school music class would be closed. Oh well.
We head home just in time for Mo to go down for her nap and here I now sit. In front of the computer listening to the sound of the plows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.