Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Snap Shot

"What do you want to tell me today on Mother's Day", I ask as she's playing with her toys.

"Because you're the best." Mo says, looking up with a string of gold pearls around her neck.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you're nice."

"What do you mean I'm nice?

"Because I love you."

"Is there anything else you want people to know about mommy?"

"I like to play about you."

"What does that mean?"

"Because I love everybody. I play with you."

"huh? Well what do you want to tell everyone."

"Happy Mother's Day to you, and all you computer people!"

She's four, immersed in her imaginative play. Of course, she can't be bothered by her mom.

Turning to Maeve, she's sitting on the arm of the chair. Lounging, finishing the rest of her cereal bar.

"Is there anything you want to say to mommy today?" I ask.

She looks up, away from the Wiggles and says, "Yup. Happy Birthday Mommy."


Looks like a perfect Mother's day to me! 

1 comment:

  1. This "computer person" really appreciates your sweet little girls.
    And you Jackie.... Happy Mothers Day, enjoy your day with them...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.