Friday, December 31, 2010

One Last Post of 2010

What a year this has been! I cannot believe how quickly 12 months has gone by. It seems like yesterday I was pregnant and putting away Christmas decorations, and here I am, staring at a decorated Christmas tree waiting for the ball to drop on December 31, with two healthy and beautiful little girls asleep upstairs.
How is it that 2010 is over when I feel like it just started?
Life has a way of doing that, moving in fast forward at times.
I remember being a freshmen in high school and thinking, "Wow! I have to be in this school for four long years!" Now the idea of four years is but a blink in my life. This year I welcomed another beautiful little girl into the world and what frightens me is how quickly the time is going by. This first year of Maeve's life seems to have moved twice as fast as the first year of Mo's life. It still was only 365 days but those days moved quicker. My life has gotten fuller with the addition of this little girl, our Sunshine or Shiny as Mo affectionately calls her. There have been moments I wondered, what the f--k am I doing, as two girls screamed in unison wanting to be held or changed. But for the most part, I am happy. Bry and I still find ourselves saying "We have two children? We have two children. WE HAVE TWO CHILDREN!" and I guess that was the most memorable event of 2010 for us.
I'm not the kind of person that makes resolutions. I know I need to loose a few pounds and exercise and all that, but hey, isn't that what everyone starts the new year off with? Instead, I'm going to try and be in the moment more with my family. I need have some more alone time with Bry, and most importantly I need to make some time for myself.
So, I bid farewell to 2010. You were a great year and I will think back on you fondly as the year we became a family of four.
I welcome with open arms 2011 and wish everyone a happy and healthy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.