Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Poor Mo-Mo!

Mo is sick.
In her nearly two and half years of life, Moira has been sick twice, that is until yesterday.
She had a fever yesterday and no other symptom, so Tylenol was enough to keep her well. This morning she complained about her mouth hurting. Since we're back at my parents (due to heatwave #7) my mom handed me a penlight and I checked her mouth.
Poor Mo! There were tiny white bumps all over the back of her throat. The diagnosis - coxsackie also known as Hand, Foot, & Mouth disease. I called the pediatrician and was basically told to keep her drinking, give her Popsicles and ice cream or anything else cold, and Motrin every 6 hours. She probably wouldn't want to eat and that's fine. So, we pushed the liquid. A vanilla milkshake from Chick Fil A seemed to help as did three ice pops. I really hope she doesn't think that this is her new meal routine. I'm also trying to keep her from getting too close to her sister. Yes, I realize that that is nearly impossible, so I'll be happy if she just doesn't swap too much fluid with her.

I hate seeing my kid sick and feel really lucky that she has been relatively healthy thus far. I will be pissed, however, if she passes this off to Maeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.