Monday, September 9, 2013

Long Term Memory

Did you know once a upon a time there was a show called Rock and Roll Jeopardy

Everyone knows about Jeopardy. What is the most famous question and answer show on television? 
 
Now, imagine Jeopardy, but instead of topics like Operas and Famous Historians from France, topics like music from Molly Ringwald movies and Van Halen songs were the norm. 

I rocked Rock and Roll Jeopardy. For some reason I have a very unique and wide variety of pop culture references in my long term memory. In a nutshell, I seem to remember stupid stuff. 

This week Stasha and her Monday Listicles asked for Ten Things I Shouldn't Know, and so I can't help but go the pop culture route. 

1. There was a show called Rock and Roll Jeopardy


2. Stacy Ferguson AKA Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas was Stacy from Kids Incorporated, which also later starred Jennifer Love Hewitt. Mario Lopez was a background dancer too. 
My sister and I may not have been mildly obsessed with this show. 


3. Even though they both played baby Michelle on Full House, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't identical twins. They are nearly identical. 

4. Debbie Gibson had a perfume called Electric Youth,- the same name as her popular song. It should be noted this perfume had a very similar to smell as burnt candle wicks. 


5.  Before Sex in the City, Sarah Jessica Parker was Annie on Broadway. 



6. When I wrote #5, I remembered that Sarah Jessica Parker can also be found starring along side Helen Hunt and Shannen Dougherty in one of my favorite '80's movies- Girls Just Want to Have Fun


7. Cyndi Lauper, who wrote and sang Girls Just Want to Have Fun also is responsible for Goonies R Good Enough,  the theme song to The Goonies. 



8.  Molly Ringwald was in the first few episodes of The Facts of Life. 


9.  When I think of soap operas, 
I think over the top, very dramatic and sexified. 
I think big city! 
However, did you know the soap opera - The Young & the Restless takes place in Genoa City WISCONSIN? 
(This one's for you mom!) 





10. I still watch episodes of Freaks & Geeks and wonder how it only lasted one season? 
The amount of talent on that show is ridiculous and speaks of a calling card for Hollywood today. 
Seth Rogen, Jason Segal, James Franco. Linda Cardellini, Busy Phillips, Judd Apatow.....



What things do you know that you shouldn't?

Link up with 








2 comments:

  1. I did not do this list, but I really enjoyed yours. I totally remember Molly Ringwald on Facts of Life. I was mildly obsessed with THAT show. I even watched the weird spin off in the candy/gift shop where George Clooney was a recurring regular. Can't think of the name. Glad to find your blog through Stasha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all things I totally did not know! #2 is kinda funny. She sure has changed!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.