Friday, September 21, 2012

20

It was 1992. 
We met in homeroom. 
She a "Ku.." I a "La...". 

Twenty Years. 
Laughter
Tears
Happiness that tickled down to the toes. 
Sadness that made my heart ache. 

Twenty years. 
High School
Summer vacations
College
That in-between time where we're finding ourselves. 
Jobs. 
Grown up responsibilities. 

Twenty Years
Formals
Spain
Prom
Senior Week
Summer car rides
Beach days
Picnics
Birthday parties
Weddings
Babies

Twenty Years
Self Absorbed
Self Aware
Selfless

Twenty Years
From high school to parenthood, and everything in between. 
What a ride my dear friend, what a ride!

In these Twenty Years,
so much has changed:
my hair color
other friends
our respective locations
to name a few
 but  it has been a long time since homeroom our freshman year of high school,
 but we've been each others constant,
and for that I say thank you.


This September I wish a happy 20 anniversary to my oldest and dearest friend, Ashley!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone if they're lucky has at least one friend like that! I'm glad you found each other... You gals look gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet tribute to your bestie :) Twenty years is a long time to have a best friend...you both are truly lucky!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.