Monday, May 2, 2011

Less then a mouthful

of teeth, that is! One and a half, that's all Maeve's got at 15 months old!

It doesn't stop her from gnawing on pizza or steak or soft pretzels. At this rate, we're hoping for a full set by Kindergarten. We had her 15 month appointment last Monday at the pediatrician and like the past appointments at 6, 9, and 12 months, I asked again about teeth, or rather the lack of teeth. I found that the average age for a first tooth is 6 months with some kids teething as early as 3, while 18 months appears to be the latest that falls in the "normal range". Great, she's normal, even with only 1 and a half!
Bry and I blame pretty much any crying spell, midnight waking, or change in disposition to teething, and honestly, have been doing this since about 6 months old, when she was a drooling machine. I must admit, they can't all be related to this, especially since that first tooth didn't sprout until 3 months ago, but what else could it be?
Teething is hell, and the thought that she still has a mouthful left to sprout is making me a little a nervous. I imagine there will quite a number of sleepless nights ahead, and a few doses of Tylenol to take the edge off. Maybe they will all come up at the same time to limit the pain? A mom can dream, can't she?
Until then, every night after pajamas are on, I brush that one tooth and it's half sprouted neighbor for my little toothless wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.