Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
The serious stuff now. For some reason I am paranoid that I am going to go into labor early and still be on the lovanox. This is a problem because it takes anywhere from 24-36 hours for the lovanox to completely exit my system, which would mean there would only be two options for delivery. 1- Completely drug free birth. Now I know women have been having babies forever, and some ladies would simply squat in the field and pop out their baby after working all day in the sun. Yeah, I get it, but I want options!!!! If they would try to give me an epidural there is a chance for my "thinned" blood to leak into my spinal column, thereby causing paralysis. Hello? like to walk. Knowing that there would be no option for an epidural scared me to death....almost until I heard option 2. 2- Completely knocked out w/tube down my throat, while Bryan waits in the hall as they do a c-section. Yeah, I thought natural childbirth was bad until I heard this.
Needless to say, I asked for other options. It looks like starting 36 weeks I will make the change from lovanox to heprin. Instead of shooting myself 1 x per time, I'll have to do it twice. Plus, the syringes are not pre-filled so I'll have to figure out to fill them too. Heprin exits the system within 12 hours, which means if I stop the meds as soon I feel the beginning of contractions, I should be able to have the option of an epidural! YEAH!
There is still talk about scheduling an induction around 38 weeks for two reasons. 1- My health and 2 because the size of the Moose. We'll find out more at our 35 week appointment.
I still squeezed into a regular college desk this past Wednesday. I wasn't pretty! The kid kept kicking me throughout the entire 2 1/2hrs. I guess next class I'll have to cave in and sit in different chair and desk. I guess college campuses are not really expected huge ass pregos to be sitting in classrooms.
Friday, February 15, 2008
This probably will be the last time the two of us can go away. Chubbster will be here before we know it and weekend trips to Atlantic City will be out the question. I hope I don't turn into "no fun Jackie", and actually enjoy the entire trip. I do have a prenatal massage to look forward to on Sunday...AAAHHH! I can't wait to have someone rub my back. I really need it. Hopefully Bryan enjoys his massage too. (Honestly, do I really care if he likes or not, just as long as I'm comfortable. HA!)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
As for our baby, now he or she is a chubbster! We had our final appointment with the high risk OB today and had, what is expected to be, our final ultrasound. Our little porker is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead on everything. The head, but really have you seen Bry's noggin? The stomach circumference was so large that the ultrasound tech asked if I had gestiational diabetes. Of course, that's no, it just appears I grow big babies! When it was all said and done, our little chubbster weighs approximately 4 lbs. 14 oz! Yes almost 5 lbs and still 8 weeks left to grow! The doc did mention something about potentially having to be induced a week or two early, which kind of threw me for a loop. I'm figuring when I go for my next OB appointment I'll press my doc for more details. Maybe this April baby, will be a March baby? We shall see!